I am happy to announce that my book titled Instant Eclipse 4 RCP Development How-to has been published by PACKT Publishing. It is a mini-book that describes specific tasks and solutions to build RCP applications using Eclipse 4.
Eclipse 4 has introduced new frameworks, APIs and tools to develop Rich Client Platform (RCP) Applications. In this book I have taken a sample application and explained how to implement it from start to finish using Eclipse 4 SDK. The book is divided into a number of focused tasks. Each task builds the sample application incrementally .
Here is the list of tasks covered in the book –
- Setting up a development environment
- Creating a skeleton E4 application
- Adding menu and toolbar items
- Adding views
- Injecting your own objects using DI
- Creating a pop-up menu
- Creating custom events and handlers
- Adding a keyboard shortcut
- Creating custom objects using DI
- Creating views dynamically
- Styling an application using CSS
- Customizing and exporting the application
I was contacted to write this book towards the end of last year. Initially it got delayed a bit because I was busy with other things. It was finally published yesterday.
The book is also available on Amazon.